Working hours question

tachograph:

Crosstown traffic:

tachograph:

Crosstown traffic:
Just one driver at the moment, but even with another driver who had worked from 9.00am too wouldn’t he be over hours?

As long as you have the appropriate breaks you can do a 21 hour shift when multi-manning, the driving hours and breaks remain the same as for a single manned journey but the daily rest requirement for multi-manning is that you must have no less than a 9 hour rest period 9reduced daily rest period) completed within the period of 30 hours from the start of the shift, both drivers would need to start within an hour of each other.

Not having operated with two drivers that looks really complicated. Would the second driver be allowed to work on the load in, performance and load out or would he be on break?

I’m sorry if these are silly questions but I’ve not had cause to get anywhere near maximum working hours before.

Not as complicated as it may look, plenty of companies run with 2 drivers on runs that cannot legally be finished within the hours of single manned journeys.

As long as both drivers have the required breaks there’s nothing to stop both drivers working on the loading/unloading ec’t.

I take it your job could not be organised in such a way that you could have 9 hours rest between driving to and from the concert ?

Apart from leaving the tachometer on rest the whole day then not really. We are very busy during the day as we are the technicians too, we have to ■■■■■■ our breaks where we can.