Recording of working time on digi card

Good Evening . I currently am employed on a 4 on 4 off basis as a hgv driver . A part of my job is to perform other duties ie jeep work . I have always added manual entries to my digi card to accommodate the work in order for it to be recorded on my digi for record keeping . My temp Foreman now is asking us to put all other work onto an analogue tachograph chart in order for the company to keep a record of other work . I believe this to be illlegal .i have never had any issues with manual entries onto my card and other transport managers have said my method is correct . Please could you advise me if the analogue method is correct? Thank you

If the work you’re talking about is done in the same shift as you’re using a digital tachograph to record HGV driving work the manual entries should be recorded on your driver card via manual entries into thee tachograph.

If the none HGV driving work is done in shifts that there is no HGV work done the manual entries can be done on a chart or printout.

Article 34 - Regulation (EU) No 165/2014

Out of curiosity why would recording other work on a chart be better than recording it on your driver card :confused: :confused:

Exactly our question to the acting foreman. Thank you for the reply friend