10 Hour Drive Time

Proberbly a stupid question, never done it before sounds simple but if you don’t ask you don’t know…

If I travel to a quarry or a loading location and get there early due to a normal she that starts at a certain time. If it’s a hour down the road. Can I have a 45 min break then start the 9 hour as normal?

I’ve been using my 10 hours alot and never done it or asked about it before…

Thanks in advice.

Yeah you can do that no problem, there is no rule in law preventing you from taking “too many” breaks. Just bear in mind that you will still need to take a further (minimum) 45 minute break later on before driving for more than 4h 30m from the end of your first break. If that makes sense?

the maoster:
Yeah you can do that no problem, there is no rule in law preventing you from taking “too many” breaks. Just bear in mind that you will still need to take a further (minimum) 45 minute break later on before driving for more than 4h 30m from the end of your first break. If that makes sense?

Thank you. My truck was flagging up 9 hours continuous driving on Friday when approaching my 9 even tho I’d had my 45 in the morning… reset and had a further 45 before the 4.5.

That’s the reason I was confused.

JonBoy87:
Thank you. My truck was flagging up 9 hours continuous driving on Friday when approaching my 9 even tho I’d had my 45 in the morning… reset and had a further 45 before the 4.5.

That’s the reason I was confused.

Hmmm, that changes things a tad! My immediate thought is either you’ve (a) not taken a full 45 min break (maybe set off on 44 mins or similar) or (b) you’ve perhaps done a manual entry that morning and somehow messed it up?

JonBoy87:
Proberbly a stupid question, never done it before sounds simple but if you don’t ask you don’t know…

If I travel to a quarry or a loading location and get there early due to a normal she that starts at a certain time. If it’s a hour down the road. Can I have a 45 min break then start the 9 hour as normal?

To be honest I’m not 100% sure what you mean.

If you drive an hour to a loading location then have a 45 minute break you only have 9 hours driving time left if you have an extended driving shift available.

You can extend the daily driving time to 10 hours twice per fixed week.

Your daily driving limit starts when you first start driving after starting work.

No… I had a full 45. Which obviously reset the drive time.

tachograph:

JonBoy87:

If you drive an hour to a loading location then have a 45 minute break you only have 9 hours driving time left if you have an extended driving shift available.

Your daily driving limit starts when you first start driving after starting work.

You’ve got my thinking too. I drove to my quarry on friday. took me about 45 minutes to be honest but becasue ive been doing into my 10 anyway with it being on a friday i got there early then had my 45 which i thought reset my driving time… My truck was flagging up 9 hours driving time before i got to the yard. Which is why ive asked the question to be honest.

Whenever you have a 45 or 15/30, then you start a fresh 4:30 at that point

So drive 1 hour
Break 45
Drive 4:30, you now need a 45 again
Break 45
Drive 4:30

JonBoy87:

tachograph:

JonBoy87:

You’ve got my thinking too. I drove to my quarry on friday. took me about 45 minutes to be honest but becasue ive been doing into my 10 anyway with it being on a friday i got there early then had my 45 which i thought reset my driving time… My truck was flagging up 9 hours driving time before i got to the yard. Which is why ive asked the question to be honest.

So it took 45mins to get to quarry and you took a 45min break? Yes your driving time will reset (so you could drive for another 4.5hrs before needing another break) but… it doesnt reset the driving time for the whole day. So you would have 8.15hrs driving time left on a 9 or 9.15hrs on a 10. Bearing in mind if you go over a 9 by 1 min its classed as a 10. Which you can only do twice a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk