Advice on load weights and delivery notes

Hi there, I’d just like some advice on what information needs to be on your delivery notes. The company I work for has a habit of not putting the weight of the pallets on my paperwork. So I can’t work out the weight of the load I’m carrying. Other times like today, my delivery note said I had 3 pallets weighing a total of 15kg! and 5 others weighing 176kg! When I demanded the correct weight for the pallets, they totalled just over 1600kg. Now to me this seems like fraud and where would I stand if VOSA pulled me with these figures.
My employers are saying that I’m not carrying a full load and I’m not over weight, which is correct, but the figures on my paperwork are so far out from what I am carrying, it seems a dangerous practice? Is it a legal requirement to have the weight of the load your carrying on the delivery notes?

Cheers

As long as your not over weight

It ain’t your problem

Ok, thanks for the reply, but when does this practice become my problem? I’m not too bothered when I only have a part load as I know I won’t be overweight. My problem I’m having is that two weeks ago I had a 30-pallet load and 15 of those had zero weight to them. When I asked for the weight of these pallets, I was told they weighed 1037kg making my total weight 3633kg which is fine.
I drive a 12 tonner with a weight of 6640kg when fully fuelled and unladen.
But when I started my shift the next day (400-mile trip to Scotland) My wagon felt sluggish and heavy It did seem that I had more than 3600kg on, but I carried on…carefully. So last week when I did the same trip again, I had six of these pallets on and I took some digital scales with me and weighed the product when I was getting tipped.

My employer says each pallet weighs 68.25kg, each pallet has 2160 units on it in packs of 20.
I weighed 1 pack of 20 and it came to 1.744kg 2160 divided by 20 = 108 packs on a pallet
108 x 1.744kg =185.976 + the weight of a blue pallet, say 25kg = 210.976kg per pallet.

210.976kg x 15 = 3165kg

3165kg + 2596kg (the weight of the other pallets) = 5671kg

6640kg(weight of the wagon) + 5671kg (the weight I’ve calculated) = 12401kg

So if my maths is right I was at least 400kg overweight??

Find out where your nearest weigh stations are, if in doubt tell your boss you’re diverting via one to double check. If you’re stopped en route explain where you’re going & your concerns, any decent dvsa (?) will be fine with that as you’re doing as you’re supposed to (as a driver without access to scales/paperwork). If your employer knows you’re overweight they’ll know what’s coming & reload you. You’re covered in any eventuality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk