Another DCPC question

My card runs out in September, at present my company have said that they will be putting us through it even though we don’t fall under the scope at present (very grey area and not fully convinced that we’re exempt myself). I’m not convinced that this will happen, and at present have no use for the DCPC.

If I don’t complete enough/any training by the expiry of my card, is it just a case of doing it at a later date to get it back?? I understand that while its expired I cannot drive for hire or reward.

That’s right, if you don’t need it now you can do it later but you will need to do the 35 hours periodic training before doing HGV work that’s not DCPC exempt.

tachograph:
That’s right, if you don’t need it now you can do it later but you will need to do the 35 hours periodic training before doing HGV work that’s not DCPC exempt.

Thanks, thought that was the case.

Henrys cat:
… we don’t fall under the scope at present (very grey area and not fully convinced that we’re exempt myself).

Can you say what job it is that you do :question:

ROG:

Henrys cat:
… we don’t fall under the scope at present (very grey area and not fully convinced that we’re exempt myself).

Can you say what job it is that you do :question:

Our firm runs Road Rail vehicles, all currently taxed as plant and tacho exempt. The bulk of the driving we do is from a storage yard to site access and then back after the shift, maybe a max of an hour each end of the shift. The driving of the trucks is a very small part of our jobs, and depending on the work roster and site locations, I could go several weeks without driving one on the road.

These have, in the last 18 months, come under the new MOT legislation so think the firm is gearing up ready for more regulations that may come in. The vast majority of us have already got DCPC so its just a case of getting more hours under our belt to keep them. TBH if our training dept got its finger out some of our courses for the attachments (crane, mewp etc) could be registered and done in house.