CPC

Hi. Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this but I’m having a bit of an issue. I passed my class 2 2 and a bit years ago so obviously I have CPC entitlement. My boss wants me to put me in for some more but I’m sure I have the full 5 years when I passed all my tests. I’ve tried to check it on the dvsa website but it doesn’t recognise I have any training at all. Now, obviously I do since I have the card but I’m not really sure what to do.

Any help or advice would be fantastic, thank you

Your card will have an expiry date marked on it. You need to complete another 35 hours of training before that date.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hey, thanks man. Yes, my card expires in 2022 so I guess I do have the full entitlement. With that, do I get a new card every time I complete the 35 hours?

Provided you complete the full 35 hours before your card expires, you will indeed get a new card in time to replace it. I’d suggest you go with your employer on this…

am i right in saying in theory, you could go do the 35 hours a a month after you get your card and then 4 years 11 months down the line your covered?

scadden:
am i right in saying in theory, you could go do the 35 hours a a month after you get your card and then 4 years 11 months down the line your covered?

YES

DQC starts 15 sept 2019 expires 14 sept 2024
do 35 hours 20 to 25 sept 2019
Next DQC starts 15 sept 2024 expires 14 sept 2029
Do 35 hours 2 to 6 sept 2029

That is legally almost 10 years between the two 35 hours = its a joke !!

ROG:

scadden:

YES

DQC starts 15 sept 2019 expires 14 sept 2024
do 35 hours 20 to 25 sept 2019
Next DQC starts 15 sept 2024 expires 14 sept 2029
Do 35 hours 2 to 6 sept 2029

That is legally almost 10 years between the two 35 hours = its a joke !!

thats mental, I’m in the process of getting my licence, got my theory and cpc next week, and honestly, I thought I’d get a response saying that 35 hours would have to be completed within a year of the Card expiring. What an absolute ball ache lol.