Daily rest in ferry mode in day cab

Travelling from Liverpool to Belfast over night but only have a day cab . How do I get the extra couple of hours rest that I need after using ferry mode . The crossing is about 8 hrs and I’ll need to interrupt my daily rest to get on and off the ferry , so as I’m only in a day cab home do I go around this . I’d kip in my seat but I’ve been told it’s got to be a bed or couchette . TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the rules are the ferry has to have a bed for you…the one your going on is 8 hours in prison with the option of drowning.
it dont say how long you have to be in your bed.
if you have a sleeper cab you dont need to sleep n the bunk for 9 hours.
come off the ferry and turn right as if your going up to stena and theres a big petrol station/shop with plenty of parking 100 yards from the ferry gates.
do yourself a favour and get a heart attack on a belfast bap instead of the offering on the boat.
if your coming over tonight then dont expect it to be on time if its as bad as it is here now,you will be hiding round the back of the isle of man for a while to shelter if its extra rough.
you wont get a great kip on that boat anyway as they tannoy you to death and wake you extra early to get rid of you so the cabins can get cleaned asap.

Airbag1uk:
Travelling from Liverpool to Belfast over night but only have a day cab . How do I get the extra couple of hours rest that I need after using ferry mode . The crossing is about 8 hrs and I’ll need to interrupt my daily rest to get on and off the ferry , so as I’m only in a day cab home do I go around this . I’d kip in my seat but I’ve been told it’s got to be a bed or couchette . TIA

Legally you cannot do it

You must have 11 hours with access to a bed etc

I’ve got a cabin booked on board so it’s probably more rest than people get at home . Just so confusing. Think I’ll lose my keys on board and find them as it hits 9 hrs reduced rest [emoji51]

ROG:

Airbag1uk:

Legally you cannot do it

You must have 11 hours with access to a bed etc

^^^^^^^^^
he can show a shunt on and off the boat…the crossing is 8 hours.the services are 100 yards away from the boat,if he dont move after he gets there till his 11 hours is up,how is that not legal when he has access to a bed on the boat?|
you could come off the ferry in a sleeper cab and sit and look out the window without going back into bed.

That’s my point , that’s why I don’t get it . As long as I’ve got access to a bed on the ferry and don’t move from the services until 11 hrs , I don’t see the problem but that’s why I’m asking you good people because this is the 1st and probably the last time I’ll ever have to do it [emoji848]

mabey rog can elaborate,but id just get on with it especially if its a 1 off.
you might have more than 11 depending when your in the queue at birkenhead .they wont load you all in the 1 go,youl be shuffling up the dock from the back of 9 till your squashed into the deck.
itl be at least 7a.m even if its on time before your off and parked up.
if its any help,theres a big massive couch in the shop,get your boots off and sprawl out on it and do a selfie,then crack on drive.
or tell them i met you in a campervan and let you kip in there.
never say never… :smiley: