Trailer Ministry Plate Regs Question

Legally, on a new trailer, are ministry plates only required after a year, on the first MOT or should be they be on before being used on the roads?

Only need to be displayed once issued and the company puts them on the trailer. We usually start seeing plates on new trailers about 12 weeks after they go on the road.

Sent using smoke signals

lizard:
Only need to be displayed once issued and the company puts them on the trailer. We usually start seeing plates on new trailers about 12 weeks after they go on the road.

Sent using smoke signals

I thought there would be a legal time frame specifying the maximum permitted time that the plates had to be displayed? In this heavily regulated industry it would be odd if there wasn’t some definite ruling.

123smith:

lizard:

Sent using smoke signals

I thought there would be a legal time frame specifying the maximum permitted time that the plates had to be displayed? In this heavily regulated industry it would be odd if there wasn’t some definite ruling.

I think it’s 6 months

In this day and age with all the computer technology, everything is checked at the press of a button. I personally think that the displaying of plates will become redundant just like the M.O.T. discs have.
There probably is a time frame to display the plates but I couldn’t tell you how long that is.

Sent using smoke signals