PPE how long before you get it issued

I’ve been with this company (very large transport company into every aspect of transport) permanently since October 18, since then I have been issued NO ppe of any kind, no gloves, no hi vis, no hard hat, no eye protection , no boots when I requested a pair, a d no uniform of any kind, all the ppe I have is what I have built up from previous jobs (like most drivers I suppose), Its not good.

This is totally illegal. PPE must be issed free of charge as and when required. Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1992 section 4

Ive requested uniform and various ppe frequently, but the impression I get is that they do not want to issue uniform etc until they are sure I am staying in the job for the foreseeable future, I’m continuously requesting it, but I can’t take it higher as I get the feeling that I would be massively messed about and forced out.

You have to ask yourself if this is the type of employer you want to be working for if they think this little of you. Companies like this seem to forget that the only people making money for them is the driver’s. Everyone else is a cost.
You have three options 1, stay and feel worthless. 2, go somewhere you’ll be appreciated. 3, phone the HSE and let them sort it.

Irishmike:
You have to ask yourself if this is the type of employer you want to be working for if they think this little of you. Companies like this seem to forget that the only people making money for them is the driver’s. Everyone else is a cost.
You have three options 1, stay and feel worthless. 2, go somewhere you’ll be appreciated. 3, phone the HSE and let them sort it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
or
come back from the planet zorg,take a reality pill,work for a normal employer and get on with it then we wont need to listen to more pish from the newly appointed /invented over qualified boffs on here. :unamused:

The company have a legal obligation to provide you with PPEand in this case it appears that have little or no intention to do so. The question now becomes what are you prepared to do about that? If you don’t particularly like the Co or your job then simply walk away. If however you do like the job and wish to remain there then simply buy your own PPE and adjust your timesheet accordingly to reflect your outlay. There is more than one way to skin a cat :wink:

We could debate for hours the rights and wrongs of this but that belongs in textbook world, you however are working in real world, so do what you need to do to put food on the table.

PPE should be issued in the first 24 hours otherwise it is unsafe to work in my opinion. I drive for a temporary Site Protection company based in Northern Ireland called . On one delivery I was cut on the arm by scaffolding equipment when delivering to a building site. I told my boss when I got back to the depot and they issued free jacket and boots on the spot. There should be no excuse these days for poor treatment of staff in the work place.

===========================

Please read forum rule #5 on advertising. dd.