Missing Driving time on my Digicard

Hi all,

i’m looking for some help and advice here as i have had an issue on my last 2 working shifts with missing driving time on my digicard.

ok so here’s the story:

I’m double manned down to birmingham and back, the agency driver (polish) drives first and has his card in slot 1 while mine is in slot 2 and is on POA until we get to our change over point which is charnock richards.

slot 1 card of the agency driver comes out and then mine in slot 2, which i then proceed to insert into slot 1 and place the agency drivers’ into slot 2 so that i am now driving ( i have 4 hours and 30 minutes on the clock) and he is on POA.

we arrive at the hub in birmingham and carry out the required duties, load gets tipped, dropped trailer and collect pre-loaded trailer for return journey. before departing we change over cards so that the agency drivers’ card is now in slot 1 ready to drive and mine is in slot 2 and on POA.

the agency driver, drives for 3 hours and arrives at Tebay where we do our last change over and at this point i usually have 4 hours and 30 minutes of driving time to get home (it usually only takes 3 hours) only this time as i am pulling out of the service station it tells me that i only have 3 hours driving time left, instead of the usual 4 hours 30 minutes!

now my digicard expires in 2 months and i have had one that became faulty towards the end of it’s life so this might be an issue but it could be driver error of some kind but there are NO error messages coming up on the tacho so it’s not that either.

i have taken print outs for the two days that this has happened and made a note in my diary to cover myself.

help and advice welcomed

What time did you start ? What time did you do second change over ? How many reduced rests had you done that week ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk