Nights to days

Just wondering where i would stand. As i’ve been doing nights for the past 6-7 months now and i’ve been booked onto take a cpc course on the monday ( 3 weeks time). But where i finish working saturday morning i can’t adjust my body clock to then switch to days for the weekend like most of the other drivers can and then switch back to nights Monday. So over the weekend i stay in the same shift pattern, of being awake through the night and then going to bed in the early hours and then wake up around midday ish.

So now they’ve put me on the course I’m now going to have to adjust my body clock to make sure i wake up for Monday morning, but then i’m worried if i don’t manage to sleep well for tuesday night.

Is there any law on this regarding Training like this to be done in my normal shift pattern. Just don’t think it’s fair having to mess about with my body clock and worried i won’t be able to sleep and will feel tired.

Many Thanks

Lee

So long as you have 11 or 9 hours if available off before the course and at least 24 hours off after the course, or the other way round and so long as you’re within the 144 hours between weekly rests, then there’s nothing against it in the EU regs

Nothing in the EU regs about this BUT there is in the H&S where it the responsibility of the DRIVER to be alert enough to safely drive any vehicle

If too tired to drive then it is simple - DO NOT DRIVE

I too work nights but they are sporadic as I work round the wife’s shifts. This may mean I’m in for one night off for 1 Night in for 2 nights back in for 2 nights off for 1 Night in for 1 Night.
Far from ideal but I just try and rest when I can.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thank you for all your comments