Working more than 15 hour shift

I was unfortunate enough to be stuck for 5 hours on the motorway due to an accident.
When the road was cleared I had been on duty 15.5 hours and as my Home Depot was only 30 mins away i drove my loaded trailer back to the depot.
I realise this is an infringement but, due to extenuating circumstances, acceptable.
I have been told by the driver trainer/cpc instructor that because I have passed the 15 hour duty limit I must take an 11 rest period and cannot reduce it to 9…is this correct?
Also he said that any driving after my last recorded break (during the 15+ hour shift) would be carried over to my next working day and therefore I would need a break of 45 mins after 1 hour driving as I had driven 3.5 hours since my last recorded break…is this correct?
Hope this makes sense

Sfroggat:
I was unfortunate enough to be stuck for 5 hours on the motorway due to an accident.
When the road was cleared I had been on duty 15.5 hours and as my Home Depot was only 30 mins away i drove my loaded trailer back to the depot.
I realise this is an infringement but, due to extenuating circumstances, acceptable.
I have been told by the driver trainer/cpc instructor that because I have passed the 15 hour duty limit I must take an 11 rest period and cannot reduce it to 9…is this correct?
Also he said that any driving after my last recorded break (during the 15+ hour shift) would be carried over to my next working day and therefore I would need a break of 45 mins after 1 hour driving as I had driven 3.5 hours since my last recorded break…is this correct?
Hope this makes sense

Question. I have been told by the driver trainer/cpc instructor that because I have passed the 15 hour duty limit I must take an 11 rest period and cannot reduce it to 9…is this correct?

Answer. I’m not aware of any such regulation, the fact that you’ve gone over 13 hours so won’t be able to complete a regular daily rest period within the period of 24 hours means that you’re having a reduced daily rest period anyway.
Though there could be a company rule that he’s talking about.

Question. he said that any driving after my last recorded break (during the 15+ hour shift) would be carried over to my next working day and therefore I would need a break of 45 mins after 1 hour driving as I had driven 3.5 hours since my last recorded break…is this correct?

Legally it’s not correct but it could be that the tachograph analysis software works the way he said, I’m not sure.

I wouldn’t worry to much about it.
I’ve put 19.5 hours on my card because of an accident, I did a 9 hour break and never got an infringement for it.

Sent using smoke signals

He’s wrong on both counts

Probably a company thing