Driver CPC

I’m a driver who has done his CPC modules in 7 hour blocks per year. I have realised my drivers cpc card expired yesterday. I have logged onto the website to make sure I am up to date with my 35 hours and I am short by 7 hours. Now my question is… although my 4 modules of 7 hours are still active and NOT expired, then does that mean I just need to sit 1 more 7 hour day to be up to date even though on my card it says my hgv category is now out of date by 1 day■■? Or does this mean I will need to sit a full 35 hours before getting behind the wheel of a truck??

Jbredda:
I’m a driver who has done his CPC modules in 7 hour blocks per year. I have realised my drivers cpc card expired yesterday. I have logged onto the website to make sure I am up to date with my 35 hours and I am short by 7 hours. Now my question is… although my 4 modules of 7 hours are still active and NOT expired, then does that mean I just need to sit 1 more 7 hour day to be up to date even though on my card it says my hgv category is now out of date by 1 day■■? Or does this mean I will need to sit a full 35 hours before getting behind the wheel of a truck??

The courses you’ve done are valid for 5 years, so you just need to complete one more course before the first course is 5 years old to get a new DQC.

Presumably you know you cannot legally drive until you’ve completed the 35 hours training ?

Thanks, so just to clarify…asking as I do my next module ASAP then I do not need to worry about the expiry date? As long as all other modules are active and in date? Don’t worry, I know I can’t drive without that card! ( money making scheme this CPC rubbish!)
I’m booked in for my next block of training on Monday! So can I not drive even while I am waiting for my new card to come through?

Jbredda:
I’m booked in for my next block of training on Monday! So can I not drive even while I am waiting for my new card to come through?

No because you must have a current valid in-date DQC

You will have a gap between the expiry date of the old DQC and the start date of the new DQC
They do not back date the new DQC to match the end of the old DQC