LTD Company Invoice not being paid

Hi folks, just after some advice.

Ive just started working for a company billing them through my own ltd company (which i’ve been running for over 2 years and never had an issue). This new company said they’d pay my invoice weekly, however, i did my first weeks work, no payment on the Friday as promised, the “accountant” i needed to speak to is never in when i call, its now the second Friday and my second payday and no money has arrived and i’m due to go back tomorrow for a further 2 shifts! Legally where do i stand as i feel like i’m being avoided , no one is ever calling me back and i’m a little annoyed about having to chase the money if i’m honest! Ive never had a client avoid me like this so i suppose i’ve been lucky, its annoying as i actually quite enjoy the job too and don’t want to walk away but i’m buggered if i’m going to keep chasing them every week like this!! Ive spoken to the owner of the company who has said they will get it sorted but nothing!

Advice would be really appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

Weekly after 45, 60 or 90days perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weekly in arrears, or as above.

I take it you exchanged contracts and t’s&c’s? Or a verbal agreement followed by an email confirmation?

If you are working for them as a “self-employed” Driver under the banner of your Limited Company you need to be aware of potential conflict with latest HMRC guidelines.

Have you defined your payment terms in writing, preferably on each invoice? If not the company may impose their usual terms which could be up to 120 days. Without this definition you can’t claim your invoice is in arrears (unless the company breaches its own payment terms). If you have then you have recourse in the small claims court. You’re almost certain to win as the case is black & white unless you’ve made a technical error in invoicing (very unlikely). There are obvious repercussions in terms of working relationship if you go down this route so perhaps speak to your customer and tell them your accountant is about to escalate things but you want to avoid this & maintain good working relationship. Ultimately you need to decide how long you can work for free…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk