Working two Saturdays on the bounce?

Right, I’m confused…

Generally, I get the WTD and all the little quirks that go with it, but…

Can I work two Saturdays on the bounce, without infringement?

Previous working weeks below, I can give specific hours if needed

Would need records back to the last time you had 90+ hours off including sunday midnight to answer your question

Touch wood, this is everything back to 90+ hours off.

Sun 14th october made it so that you cannot now do two reduced weekly rests in a row

Thanks ROG, could you explain how you came up with that so quickly?

Thanks

mardybum:
Thanks ROG, could you explain how you came up with that so quickly?

Thanks

Note - any rest including sunday midnight can be used EITHER for the week ending OR the week starting
Starting at the top -
last 45 hours of what looks like a holiday counts for the week below it
It stayed with the weekend rest counting at the start of the week until you did that sunday shift which knackered that way of doing it so from that point on the rests were at the end of the week

You needed to switch from start to end rests to do the second saturday which you wanted to do

It’s not your weekly rests that you can reduce every other, it’s any 2 consecutive fixed weeks must have at least 1 full and 1 reduced weekly rest.

Have a weeks holiday, start back 0600 Mon, the week off would count as back to back full weekly rests. because a full weekly rest crossing Sunday midnight, it can count in either.

So because it’s a back to back full weekly, then the 0000 - 0600 basically counts as a full weekly rest for the coming week.

Reduce at the end.

Reduce at the end of the next week

Full at the end of the next

So you reduced, reduced, full

But the fixed weeks were full, reduced, full

If the 1st reduced crosses Sunday midnight, then both reduced are in the same fixed weeks, you would just compensate the 1 that needed the least amount of compensation.

If it was all before midnight Sunday then you just wouldn’t need to compensate that one

It works by moving the rest that counts from the beginning to the end of the week. It only works if your weekly rests cross Sunday midnight, so therefore can be counted in either, but not both. So this can’t be repeated until you have a back to back weekly rests that crosses Sunday midnight to reset it so the rest that counts is at the beginning again

You could carry the potential to do 2 on the bounce forward indefinitely so long as your weekly rest crosses Sunday midnight

Or 2 or more in the same fixed week

If you are a mon-fri driver you could do a full day Saturday and a run in on a Saturday morning (with a 45hr rest) so yes you can ‘work’ 2 Saturday’s on the bounce.

Still have to pay back the first Saturday though.