Tacho slip print outs - To keep or not to keep

Hi all,

Is it a legal requirment to keep tacho slip print outs at all (excluding manual entries on the back of the slip) :exclamation:

I print out a couple or more during the course of my day just to remind myself of when my last break was or next, how much poa I done or driving time etc.

Printing out in non utc time displays not a legal printout so would it need to be kept if its not legal :question: or even if it was in utc time if no manual entry was done on the back of the slip. Surely transport or Vosa could just download the card without needing my printouts ■■?

Not unless you print out to make a note on them for explaining something wrong with your times. And your boss propably would appreciate if you stopped wasting tacho paper :wink:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thats what I thought but as I say - other drivers hear say

Neither mind what the bosses think on this as we need to stay legal coz our infringements affect them in the long run too. Plus its not even a A4 peice it’s just a slithern of paper which I doubt will break the donkeys back…At least I hope not :open_mouth:

:smiley: Thanks for the clarifacation

The only printouts you need to keep are the ones you are required by law to make - i.e. the ones where you have made written entries to rectify an incorrect entry (such as a break taken away from the vehicle while it was recording Other Work), where your card was defective or lost, or to explain a deviation from the Regs. These printouts MUST be made showing UTC time (that’s why the option is shown).

Other printouts you might make for your own convenience or to assist in your own record keeping, filling timesheets etc are simply pieces of paper to be filed, binned or burnt as you see fit. Doesn’t matter whether they are made showing UTC time, UK local time or Outer Mongolian local time (other regional variations are available).

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk