Tacho information needed

Chaps.

Have just started a new job driving a Daf, and the truck has a Stoneridge tacho. I keep a fairly meticulous log of my daily activities in an A4 book, but can’t figure out how to access my daily driving time from the tacho. Is it possible to scroll back through and find it? I’d rather not do a printout just for this as it seems like a waste of paper.

Much thanks.

Edit: It’s a Siemens tacho, not Stonebridge. Dad was right, I am a wazzock… :smiley:

Yes it is possible to view daily times without doing a printout on either of these tacographs. I’m sure that someone with more ability than me will post a pictograms on how to do it. Basically have a play with the menu but do NOT press ok until you’re 100% sure that screen is the one you want.

If it’s only the daily driving time you want then I’d say the easiest way is this, at the start of each shift make a note of the fortnightly driving time as shown on the tachograph display, then at the end of the shift make another note of the fortnightly driving time, the difference is your daily driving time for that shift.

The only other way I know of is to press OK which will take you to “Driver 1 Printout”, press the down arrow to scroll thorough the menu until you reach “Display Driver 1” select a date to display then scroll through all the days activities until you reach the summary where the daily driving time is shown just like it is on a printout, it has to be said that scrolling through the days activities is a pita.

When checking the driving time or doing a printout always make sure the vehicle has been stationary for a couple of minutes or you’re likely to get incorrect information.

With all this digital displays now they are so clear, except for the actual displays in a tachograph. They are hard to see, sometimes stood up or bent over the steering wheel. It must be fairly simple for the manufacturers to link the info to the dash or steering wheel control.

My car shows driving time, trip time, even when I’m due to stretch my legs. average speed, fuel usage consumption and distance to empty. All this from one roller button.

It can’t be so difficult to wire it into a cab during manufacturing.

^^^^^^ when I was driving an Actros all the information I’d require was accessible through the steering wheel. The MAN however isn’t, it has one of them ridiculous Stonebridge tachos so I don’t know if that makes a difference. I’m at a loss as to why Stoneridge count down driving time, why not add it up and leave me to do the maths? Plus, on the move I can access my fortnightly driving time but not my daily driving time. I have to stop to do that. :imp: