Vehicle weight plate

Hi everyone, was looking for bit of clarification on the weight plate, i started a new job today and was given a year old 18 tonne truck today and before i took it out i pointed out to transport manager that the plate was missing and led to bit of an argument the transport manager said it doesn’t have a plate yet as it has not had an Mot yet is this correct or did i actually take out a truck that shouldn’t have even left the depot without the weight plate ■■

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You can excuse a newly plated vehicle for not having a plating cert. You will be allowed a grace period as they can sometimes take a few weeks to arrive after initial registration but definitely not a year ! You were right to question and the TM was in the wrong to still be letting the vehicle out on the road. Ask him to gen up on the regs…

The lorry needs a ministry plate from first registration, a trailer won’t get one until after its first test.

I wouldn’t worry, it’s not the drivers problem, it’s an admin issue, for drivers it’s going to get worse as trailer test certificates are no longer issued and are online. Again not something I worry about, no road tax, no problem, no road tax, no insurance = balls [emoji462]