What must your company do with the data downloaded from your

What is the procedure that your company does with the data after you’ve downloaded your card . Does it have to be analysed by someone and if so , who ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Airbag1uk:
What is the procedure that your company does with the data after you’ve downloaded your card . Does it have to be analysed by someone and if so , who ?

The driver card data is, or should be, analysed by the companies TM or compliance officer or probably more usually by analysis software (either the companies own software or an analysis company such as Tachomaster).

The transport operator is legally obliged to download the data from the driver card every 28 days but as far as I’m aware there’s no law that says the data has to be analysed, however I’m pretty sure it would be a condition of the operators licence that the card data be analysed to ensure drivers are complying with the regulations.

If you don’t mind me asking what makes you ask the question?

It’s because I’ve had an issue with breaks WTD and Driving time but my company has not said anything was wrong so I was just wondering what the process was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The company should be keeping a check on WTD. The transport operator needs to check that drivers hours regs are being complied with, if they don’t they have no argument when VODA come calling

does anyone have any idea how long "infringements " are live ? I was sent home on 6th july ( I must have looked as bad as I felt ) anyway I removed my card but forgot to change mode . realised what I had done the following day as the taco was showing other work, so did printouts and put explaination on back . then 29th October was handed the infringement to sign. seems like a long time to me, I had to consult my diary to see what is was about .

syramax:
does anyone have any idea how long "infringements " are live ? I was sent home on 6th july ( I must have looked as bad as I felt ) anyway I removed my card but forgot to change mode . realised what I had done the following day as the taco was showing other work, so did printouts and put explaination on back . then 29th October was handed the infringement to sign. seems like a long time to me, I had to consult my diary to see what is was about .

3 1/2 months is a long time to wait for an infringement and I don’t imagine the DVSA would be impressed, but there’s nothing to stop them giving you that infringement, I suppose it’s better late than never :smiley:

I’d say they were being a bit harsh sending you home for what was an obvious mistake.

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:

syramax:

3 1/2 months is a long time to wait for an infringement and I don’t imagine the DVSA would be impressed, but there’s nothing to stop them giving you that infringement, I suppose it’s better late than never :smiley:

I’d say they were being a bit harsh sending you home for what was an obvious mistake.

Sent from my mobile.

sorry my post was probably not very clear, they sent me home on the Thursday (ill) I returned to work on Friday having left the tacho on other work. :frowning: