A1 TV programme

I just watched a programme about the A1, a queen and bagel lorry pulling a Fosters tank with a trailer blowout, he had obviously ran a while with it flapping because the rim was highly polished.
Anyway the tyre fitter performed his magic with the Womble guarding his cones.
Then when it’s all done the Driver announced his driving hours are up and he has to wait for another tractor and driver to deliver the load.
Do K&N run it so tight that you haven’t time for a blow out and where did the driver go where he couldn’t swap trailers in a safe place?

Wheel Nut:
I just watched a programme about the A1, a queen and bagel lorry pulling a Fosters tank with a trailer blowout, he had obviously ran a while with it flapping because the rim was highly polished.
Anyway the tyre fitter performed his magic with the Womble guarding his cones.
Then when it’s all done the Driver announced his driving hours are up and he has to wait for another tractor and driver to deliver the load.
Do K&N run it so tight that you haven’t time for a blow out and where did the driver go where he couldn’t swap trailers in a safe place?

Didn’t you notice the Bristol city scarf in the windscreen :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I bet the Van driver needed new pants and a seat clean :open_mouth:

Surely you don’t mean he was going to stay on the side of the A1 and wait for a relief unit to arrive :open_mouth:

tachograph:
Surely you don’t mean he was going to stay on the side of the A1 and wait for a relief unit to arrive :open_mouth:

Yes he did and yes they did the trailer swap there as well at the start of a slip road you couldn’t see 500 yards up the road

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

tachograph:

Yes he did and yes they did the trailer swap there as well at the start of a slip road you couldn’t see 500 yards up the road

That’s crazy, obviously the safe and legal thing to do would be to continue to a suitable and safe place to drop the trailer.

I’m surprised the HATOs allowed them to get away with that.

tachograph:

blue estate:

tachograph:

That’s crazy, obviously the safe and legal thing to do would be to continue to a suitable and safe place to drop the trailer.

I’m surprised the HATOs allowed them to get away with that.

That was my rather rambling question, they had slowed the traffic for ages and then allowed a change over [emoji47]

Personally I’d have advised them to move to a safe location to do it, but as I don’t know the area, I’m not sure where the nearest safe area is.