Wtr p.o.a or other work?

Hello, could you please answer the following question.

when sat in with a new driver & your tacho card in slot 2, is this classed as p.o.a or other work as my transport manager says its classed as P.O.A & i think its classed as OTHER WORK, please can you confirm as this will affect the working time regulations hours, thank you for any help

theweeman:

when sat in with a new driver & your tacho card in slot 2, is this classed as p.o.a or other work as my transport manager says its classed as P.O.A & i think its classed as OTHER WORK, please can you confirm as this will affect the working time regulations hours, thank you for any help

When sat in the passenger seat with your card in slot 2 the tachograph will automatically record POA.

The first 45 minutes of this POA will count as break.

If you’re working while in the passenger seat you should manually record the time as other work.

Sent from my mobile.

theweeman:

I too take out new recruits but I never put my card in I’ll do it manually at the end of the shift and I’ve never been pulled in by anyone at work and I work for a supermarket who are hot on it .

bald bloke:

theweeman:

I too take out new recruits but I never put my card in I’ll do it manually at the end of the shift and I’ve never been pulled in by anyone at work and I work for a supermarket who are hot on it .

Did 3 months in the left chair like B B, I just slip it in before finishing :wink: and do a manual entry for the whole shift, much easier

Not trying to hijack this thread (sorry I guess that’s what I’m doing though) but I will be in this position on Monday.

I will be the passenger watching and learning from the driver as he does his day to day duties and I will be paid per tacho hours worked directly from the machine in the cab apparently.

So my card will be in slot 2 and be recorded as I’m on POA for the whole time?

Can I change it to other work for example?

Can i add manual entries when I put my card in etc?

As I have ever used slot 2 and dont want to not be paid

oldwelshdude:
Not trying to hijack this thread (sorry I guess that’s what I’m doing though) but I will be in this position on Monday.

I will be the passenger watching and learning from the driver as he does his day to day duties and I will be paid per tacho hours worked directly from the machine in the cab apparently.

So my card will be in slot 2 and be recorded as I’m on POA for the whole time?
Slot 2 records POA while the vehicle is moving.

Can I change it to other work for example?
Not for while the vehicle is moving.

Can i add manual entries when I put my card in etc?
If you leave your card out while in the passenger seat you will be able to do a manual entry when you put it in slot 1, if you’re not going to do any driving put your card in at the end of the shift and do a manual entry for the whole day, if you put the card in slot 2 you won’t be able to overwrite the POA later.

As I have ever used slot 2 and dont want to not be paid

Having said that you should be getting paid for POA anyway, if you’re on POA you’re not on a rest period so why wouldn’t you get paid for it :confused:

If I was you I would check with the agency/company to make sure you get paid for POA, if you don’t get paid for it don’t use it.

Thanks tachograph for your help.

I have a training day on Friday and the guy from the agency is coming along too so I can ask him about slot 2 and POA etc.

But yes I can see your point about being paid for POA. I will ask as I will not be in a truck till Monday.

bald bloke:

theweeman:

Legally you should have your card in the tacho, if you would do any driving if the situation arose

stevieboy308:

bald bloke:

theweeman:

Legally you should have your card in the tacho, if you would do any driving if the situation arose

Obviously if I had to do any driving I’ll put my card in slot one otherwise I will not put it in .

bald bloke:

stevieboy308:

bald bloke:

theweeman:

Obviously if I had to do any driving I’ll put my card in slot one otherwise I will not put it in .

Just to clarify though! Even if you don’t drive, legally you need to put your card in

How it reads to me is if busted it’d attract a level 4 fine of £300 and a follow up follow up enquiry for the operator and if caught on the same day will also effect their ocrs

Risk : reward = no brainer

Hi all,
I sat in the mates seat for a week recently and put my card in slot 2 as one of my colleagues had been fined for not doing so.
Forget manual entries, just put your card in.

It’s Your card, your fine, your license