Wtd/drivers hours... personal and out of scope

okidoki gentlemen… the question is what records do i need to keep.

my job involves me driving to a job doing a job and driving to the next. vehicle is a transit connect, so firmly out of scope.

my lorry is a 15ton box van converted to a race lorry. its use is strictly private,

now i am fully aware i need to comply with the drivers hours regs when in the truck, using the tacho etc. no problems there…

question is, do i need to comply with the wtd when driving the lorry?

do i need to keep records of my working hours? does my time in the lorry count towards the wtd?

a short version of the above is… “what records do i need to keep and do i need to carry those records with me when in he lorry”.

anybody? rog? tachograph?

someone must know the regs well enough to answer this. i know its not the usual situation most drivers find themselves in… which is why im struggling to get my head round the regs…

Van driving WTD and lorry driver WTD are different and do not get added together

Van driving counts as other work for the EU regs so cannot be used as rest

Aren’t you out of scope if using the vehicle for personal use? I used to race and many people had converted lorries or combinations over 3.5t which would bring them into the scope IF it was for work purposes.

But like a horsebox driver, these are hobbyists.

I think it’d still be wise to do a printout whenever you use it and keep them. But I wouldn’t let the activity affect my work.

Say I rent a 7.5t box to help a friend move house… it’s not for hire or reward I don’t put a tacho in. If he’s giving you a few bills you make sure it’s next week lol.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Chillidoritos:
Aren’t you out of scope if using the vehicle for personal use? I used to race and many people had converted lorries or combinations over 3.5t which would bring them into the scope IF it was for work purposes.

But like a horsebox driver, these are hobbyists.

I think it’d still be wise to do a printout whenever you use it and keep them. But I wouldn’t let the activity affect my work.

Say I rent a 7.5t box to help a friend move house… it’s not for hire or reward I don’t put a tacho in. If he’s giving you a few bills you make sure it’s next week lol.

EU regs exemption for those doing private driving with a vehicle not exceeding 7.5 tonnes GVW

Thanks for that.

So… C1 drivers working for charity, favours or hobbies are fine without a tacho.

What if they tow a caravan… Say C1+E

Or I rent a 16t box to move with?

then youre on tacho.

Chillidoritos:
Thanks for that.

So… C1 drivers working for charity, favours or hobbies are fine without a tacho.

What if they tow a caravan… Say C1+E

Or I rent a 16t box to move with?

If the total MAM is over 7500 then it is usually on tacho because goods of some description will be carried