Driving without tacho card

Today made a Huge error . Started work at 7 this morning worked in the factory for 30 mins before leaving and forgot to put my tacho card in . I’d drove for 18mins or 17km before realising what I had done . Pulled over and put my card in . Any help and advice would be grateful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn’t in the wagon for the 30 mins ,I was on the shop floor . I usually put my card in do my checks and then work in the factory or strap the load but as I was in the wagon filling in my diary someone came out and talked to me about deliveries and then when I went back I must of thought I had put my card in just come out checked straps and just jumped in and left . I really didn’t notice it whilst driving for the 18mins because traffic was really heavy more interested in that . That’s why I only done 17 km distance . It’s proper gutted me been worried all day about it

Airbag1uk:
I wasn’t in the wagon for the 30 mins ,I was on the shop floor . I usually put my card in do my checks and then work in the factory or strap the load but as I was in the wagon filling in my diary someone came out and talked to me about deliveries and then when I went back I must of thought I had put my card in just come out checked straps and just jumped in and left . I really didn’t notice it whilst driving for the 18mins because traffic was really heavy more interested in that . That’s why I only done 17 km distance . It’s proper gutted me been worried all day about it

My advice is to mislay your card permanently, selecting wrong mode is one thing but driving without a card is certainly a no no. :wink:

At my place that is considered gross misconduct & bringing the company into disrepute

So you are shown the door…

For a honest mistake , wow . Really thinking this is not for me now 4 months in