Reduced rest advice please

My brain is dead, after having two regular 45 hr weekend rests I started work last Monday at 04.00, Thursdays daily rest turned into a 24, I then did a 15 hour shift, will be starting again today then having another 24 at approx 03.00 Sunday, where does that leave me when I start again at 03.00 on Monday? Please?

Paul Gavan:
My brain is dead, after having two regular 45 hr weekend rests I started work last Monday at 04.00, Thursdays daily rest turned into a 24, I then did a 15 hour shift, will be starting again today then having another 24 at approx 03.00 Sunday, where does that leave me when I start again at 03.00 on Monday? Please?

You’re talking about approximate times so I’m assuming that the 24 hour rests you mention are no less than 24 hours long.

• It means that you will need to start a regular 45 hour weekly rest period before midnight Sunday next week (29/07/2018).
  • (This is assuming you’re having a regular weekly rest period every second week to keep it straightforward)[/:m]
  • From when you start work on Monday after a 24 hour reduced weekly rest period you will be able to have 3 reduced daily rest periods until your next weekly rest period.[/*:m][/list:u]

Only one of this weeks reduced weekly rest periods will need to be compensated for, without knowing the exact length of the reduced weekly rest periods and what shifts you’ll be working next week it’s not possible to say what, if any, compensation will need to be paid back.

Thank you your reply, it all makes sense, in reality then, Thurs 24 is/was just a waste of the extra 13 hours rest as I’m having another 24+ starting at 3am tomorrow?

Paul Gavan:
Thank you your reply, it all makes sense, in reality then, Thurs 24 is/was just a waste of the extra 13 hours rest as I’m having another 24+ starting at 3am tomorrow?

I don’t know about a waste of rest but it wasn’t legally necessary, your started at 04:00 on Monday so if you hadn’t had Thursdays 24 hour rest you would have needed to start a weekly rest period no later than 04:00 Sunday, but you’ll be finishing about 03:00 so you would have been alright as long as nothing goes wrong and you end up finishing later than 04:00.

Thank you once again