Reduced rest

Hi all yesterday started at 9 in the morning finished at midnight and started again at 9 today, yesterday on 1 delivery I was on a bay on break for over 3 hours I thought that would save one of my reduced rests but a colleague says it has to be four hours rest, also someone said if you do that you can do a 16 hour day.

Please help Steve

steve4545:
Hi all yesterday started at 9 in the morning finished at midnight and started again at 9 today, yesterday on 1 delivery I was on a bay on break for over 3 hours I thought that would save one of my reduced rests but a colleague says it has to be four hours rest, also someone said if you do that you can do a 16 hour day.

Please help Steve

Max 15 hour shift because the 9 must fit into 24 hours 15+9=24

3 hour unbroken break in one go during shift can be used as the 3 of a 3+9 split daily rest = regular daily rest

I think you could once do a 16 hour shift if you had 4 hours rest during the shift but it hasn’t been that way for years, it changed over a decade ago :slight_smile:

Now a split daily rest period is when you have 3 consecutive hours rest during the shift and 9 hours rest after the shift, it all has to be completed within 24 hours from the start of the shift.