Driver Card Download

Hi

We have just started using a new agency, i have a question about downloading the drivers card. Driver cards are remotely downloaded directly from our digital tacho unit the problem is i am getting a number of automatic follow up notices about delayed downloads. This is because currently a couple of drivers have only done one shift and as such their card has not downloaded (this wasn’t an issue with the old agency as we always had the same driver). We cannot always download the cards manually as there is no one here when they return to the yard late. We still get the head unit downloaded which includes those drivers details would that be sufficient for our records?

junkie_ball:
We have just started using a new agency, i have a question about downloading the drivers card. Driver cards are remotely downloaded directly from our digital tacho unit the problem is i am getting a number of automatic follow up notices about delayed downloads. This is because currently a couple of drivers have only done one shift and as such their card has not downloaded (this wasn’t an issue with the old agency as we always had the same driver). We cannot always download the cards manually as there is no one here when they return to the yard late. We still get the head unit downloaded which includes those drivers details would that be sufficient for our records?

Legally you need to download the data from the drivers card no later than 28 days from the last time you downloaded the card data or immediately before the driver ceases to do work for the transport company.

Slightly, ok, very late reply to this but one company I worked for had a little tacho downloader unit in a locked box on the outside of the building. You entered the code to open the box, inserted the card then locked the box again. Can’t remember if the downloader was battery powered but I know you can get those. Small chance of it getting nicked, but not sure a tacho downloader would be that much use to anyone.