Other work

Hi , I drive using a tacho but now and again I have to work in the depot . This week Mon to wed i was out driving which is fine but then Thursday , Friday I was working in the depot all day so when I put my card in the tacho tomorrow it’s gunna ask me about a manual entry although I’ve kept a diary of what work I’ve done and breaks . Do I have to record this on the tacho for Both days and all the breaks ■■? Any help would be gratefully appreciated [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t try to put the record into a tachograph it’s time consuming you’re likely to make mistakes and it’s unnecessary.

Record the time from the end of the last shift when you used your driver card to the start of the current shift with the ? symbol.

Carry your written records with you for the next 28 days.

Your are a star . I was thinking I was gunna have a nightmare tomorrow morning sat there banging my head against the steering wheel lol [emoji23]

Airbag1uk:
Your are a star . I was thinking I was gunna have a nightmare tomorrow morning sat there banging my head against the steering wheel lol [emoji23]

:laughing:

Legally the records for the none driving days should be done on charts or printouts but apparently the DVSA are happy with records in a notebook or diary :slight_smile:

I have a diary with detailed day to day records as well as my tacho records

Tachograph is spot on. Once every 6 weeks I drive exclusively a terberg on site and I’m buggered if the next week back in the lorry I’m going to faf about doing a manual entry for the whole previous week. I’ve been assured that a diary entry accounting for start and finish time will be enough.

[emoji108] thank you so much you are all easing my mind [emoji16]

tachograph:

Airbag1uk:

:laughing:

Legally the records for the none driving days should be done on charts or printouts but apparently the DVSA are happy with records in a notebook or diary :slight_smile:

I have just had some correspondence with DVSA Policy unit and they confirm that following a review of Article 6(5) they only require days when IN SCOPE Driving has taken place to be recorded. If a Daily or Weekly Rest period period is taken this acts a “reset” point. So if following such a reset point no IN SCOPE Driving takes place then they no longer require that activity to be recorded!