Transport Manager CPC Validity

Afternoon folks…hope someone can give me some accurate advice.

I passed my transport manager’s CPC way back in 1988 but never used it as a Manager and I’ve never been an O-Licence holder.

I’m in the process of returning to the transport industry (not as a driver) after 17 years in a totally different career so I’d be interested to know if it’s still valid and I could (in theory) apply to be an O-Licence holder now without having to do it again?

All advice welcome…Neil.

A transport managers CPC never expires so there’s nothing to stop you applying for an operators licence.

Having said that you don’t need to hold a CPC yourself to apply for an operators licence anyway.

Sent from my mobile.

As above, your CPC is valid but I would suggest you book on a cpc refresher course before becoming a TM or applying for an Operators licence. This would show willing to the traffic commissioner and they would possibly make it a condition of your o licence that you attend one anyway. It would also bring you up to date with new legislation.

Thanks fellas…I’ve actually lost the certificate though, anyone know how to go about getting a copy or retrieving the record that I’ve actually got it?

Picklehoffer:
Thanks fellas…I’ve actually lost the certificate though, anyone know how to go about getting a copy or retrieving the record that I’ve actually got it?

Hi Neil,

The operator CPC is currently under the auspices of OCR, so depending on when you took your CPC, the awarding body before OCR was RSA (Royal Society of Arts.)
When OCR took it over, the records held by RSA were supposed to be transferred to OCR.

Inevitably, some records went missing, so some applicants for replacement certificates may have to provide a bit more info than normal, such as where and when they took their exams. If your records can be located, the certificate replacement process should be pretty straightforward.