Just noticed i went over my weekly 60 hour limit by 45mins

So i worked a total of 60 hrs and 45 mins in one week

What can i do now to avoid any infringements :confused:

adammur:

Does your company bother with the WTD ?

If yes then it is up to them to keep you within the daily and average limits so how can they give you an internal infringement for their failing ?

ROG:

adammur:

Does your company bother with the WTD ?

If yes then it is up to them to keep you within the daily and average limits so how can they give you an internal infringement for their failing ?

Yes but i havent had any infringements since Jan and was hoping to keep it that way.

Could i also be fined if i get pulled by VOSA?

Thats the main thing im worried about.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

adammur:
Could i also be fined if i get pulled by VOSA?

Thats the main thing im worried about.

No you wonā€™t get fined for going over the 60 hours.

ROG:
it is up to them to keep you within the daily and average limits so how can they give you an internal infringement for their failing ?

Could you show us where in the regulations it says anything about the driver being able to negate his/her responsibility to stay within the law.

Gonna have to give me some time as there was a statement from Govt which said that a driver was not expected to be a math expert so companies with their admin depts and computers would be expected to keep a driver legal on the total weekly limits ad average reference periods - or words VERY similar to that

If/When I can find it again I will post it

That would make sense

To be honest Iā€™d be very surprised if you could find a DVSA statement that says you need to be a maths expert to work out that youā€™ve done 60 hours in a week or to work out an average of 48 hours per week.

Itā€™s too long ago for me to remember when I did basic division at school but I reckon it would be about age 12 :smiley:

In the end nothing will matter regarding WTD because no authority seems bothered

The 60hrs in question has nothing to do with the WTD anyway.
Itā€™s hours and tachograph regs the OP is really talking about

nick2008:

The 60 hour week comes as a result of section 4 (1) of the Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005 which states ā€œā€¦ the working time, including overtime, of a mobile worker shall not exceed 60 hours in a weekā€.

As I said earlier the OP wonā€™t get a road-side fine from the DVSA but to suggest that the company cannot or should not issue an infringement is simply wrong, itā€™s up-to each driver to see that they comply with the law and itā€™s up-to the company to check that they do.

Having said that itā€™s nothing to worry about anyway :smiley:

tachograph:

nick2008:

The 60 hour week comes as a result of section 4 (1) of the Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005 which states ā€œā€¦ the working time, including overtime, of a mobile worker shall not exceed 60 hours in a weekā€.

As I said earlier the OP wonā€™t get a road-side fine from the DVSA but to suggest that the company cannot or should not issue an infringement is simply wrong, itā€™s up-to each driver to see that they comply with the law and itā€™s up-to the company to check that they do.

Having said that itā€™s nothing to worry about anyway :smiley:

I know that Iā€™m on about the word

DIRECTIVE Tachograph
A bit like when people get confused with break and rest

Never mind

My mate done 77 hours the other weekā€¦ coining it in lol

Would he be done for it?

mark1284:

Would he be done for it?

Heā€™ll probably get an infringement off his company but thatā€™s all.

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:

mark1284:

Would he be done for it?

Heā€™ll probably get an infringement off his company but thatā€™s all.

Sent from my mobile.

If heĀ“s a junior Doctor he needs to do at least another 20 :wink:

mark1284:

Would he be done for it?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
is he part time,or 4 on and 4 off?

Thought Iā€™d fallen foul of this 60 hour rule and was very worried about possible comebacks until a friend of mine who understands these things assured me that is was per week, not per month as Iā€™d previously thought! Phew, lucky escape.