15 hour day and time traveling to work

please excuse my lack of knowledge,i should know a couple of points but dont…
15 hour day and out of hours as a day driver, what is the legal procedure that the company can do…
I.e can they pay for a taxi to take you to your house??
taxi to a hotel??

also what distance/ time if any do you have to declare or not declare travelling to work.

a couple of these points came up in conversation yesterday and there was some different opinions
on what can / should be done on both the above points.

thanks in advance for the advice…there was alot of my mates dad brother said this,so would like clarification please

Out of hours you stop at the first safe place and if a day driver with no stuff then company pay for reasonable digs for the night

Clarkyboy777:
please excuse my lack of knowledge,i should know a couple of points but dont…
15 hour day and out of hours as a day driver, what is the legal procedure that the company can do…
I.e can they pay for a taxi to take you to your house??
taxi to a hotel??

Travelling to or from a place of work other than your home of usual workplace cannot be counted as rest, so when you’ve run out of working time you cannot legally be recovered back to base or your home.

Clarkyboy777:
also what distance/ time if any do you have to declare or not declare travelling to work.

You do not have to record travelling time to your usual place of work but if you’re travelling to take charge of a vehicle that is not at your usual place of work the travelling time should be recorded.

Advise for next time , head back while you’ve still got driving time / working time left even if work is not all done !!

thanks for the replys, it was a guy in work that got caught out in Hereford last week when the road was closed due to a fatality I think.

Clarkyboy777:
thanks for the replys, it was a guy in work that got caught out in Hereford last week when the road was closed due to a fatality I think.

That situation could well be covered by an “Article 12” which allows drivers to breach regulations in Unexpected and Exceptional circumstances in order to reach the most suitable place to stop.