Is this correct

I booked a hol 26/3/18-30/3/18 about 2 months in advance , my lisense ran out on the 26 /3/18 so I was told they’d pay me 26-30/3/18 but then I’d go on unpaid leave until I got my license back ( processed 6/4/18 ) back to work 10/4/18.
So checked pay this morning ( pay day fri ) and ive been paid nothing , it could be a payroll issue and until Monday I can’t speak but my gut is telling me as I had no lisense when I was on holiday there going to say There classing it as unpaid leave .
So is that correct , you’ve occured the weeks holiday , but because you’ve no lisense you basically loose it , or don’t get paid for it .ta

I have no idea as to whether that is correct or not Dozy. What I do know however is that you work for a company that generally doesn’t sound very good but more importantly you seem to get very stressed working for them. Serious advice mate, stress is a killer, get out asap and work somewhere else that does not elevate your blood pressure so much. You and I both know that there are oodles of jobs going in our area.

The problem is moaster that every one in our area seems to have the same gripes , mate has changed job about 6 times in last 2 months , he even did assessment at your place ( I’d not travel from skeggy ) but then it sounded ok , weekend tramping , agency , but never heard anything about work until b/ h weekend , but £10 ph , , he started on agency for moy park at sleaford , Sunday he spent 7 hrs shunting 1 tri , left at 21.00 to go home to skeggy , latest job sat- mon , 10 ph all hours but £25 extra for working sat / sun , he did sat/ sun then they said no work mon , but are you avaliable wed/ thurs / fri , worked wed and then got a txt at 21.00 saying no work thurs .
I hear what your saying but I’d of thought your place / moy park would of been 2 of the better ones but even they sound hit and miss , or according to him they are
Yes there’s plenty of work but you don’t want to be jumping out of frying pan into fire

I hear what you’re saying about agency Dozy, and agree that it can be a bit hit and miss. Although it does unfortunately seem to be a bit “if your face fits” at ours with agency lads. I got a mate in (ex Turners at Bicker) and he does Mon to Fri and has never been dropped for a shift yet. They have employed a fair few agency lads recently though and as we still have the old Salvesons T’s & C’s it’s a million miles apart from agency wages etc once you’re employed.

They’ve also announced that they’re building a new 140000 pallet super store which will be operational within 2 years, so that’ll mean that the fleet size will triple.

I do hear good things about Mountains at Sleaford though, so they may be worth you having a trip over there.

the maoster:
I hear what you’re saying about agency Dozy, and agree that it can be a bit hit and miss. Although it does unfortunately seem to be a bit “if your face fits” at ours with agency lads. I got a mate in (ex Turners at Bicker) and he does Mon to Fri and has never been dropped for a shift yet. They have employed a fair few agency lads recently though and as we still have the old Salvesons T’s & C’s it’s a million miles apart from agency wages etc once you’re employed.

They’ve also announced that they’re building a new 140000 pallet super store which will be operational within 2 years, so that’ll mean that the fleet size will triple.

I do hear good things about Mountains at Sleaford though, so they may be worth you having a trip over there.

to be honest I don’t know why he went to your place for interview living at skeggy , he was never going to stick it , moaning about travelling for assessment / interview , even though it was tramping he was going for , he’s now on for Clements I think it is and other than having to work sundays he’s settled
I had a mate who took redundancy at our place and went to mountains on skips , he came back to our place not long after on casual and said don’t go there .
I’m waiting for the new asda rdc to open at grantham , though the rumour has been going on for 10/20 yrs so I’m not holding my breath , but 57 this year , me / Mrs retiring at 60 so not long to go anyway :smiley:

Dozy, was your mate called Richie by any chance?