Am I being unreasonable in thinking I should now be paid

I was told this morning by dvsa that my lisense had now been processed and I’d recieve it in post next mon , I then asked when was I able to start driving :question: told I could start driving immediately , so then informed company ( as requested) , asked when could I resume driving , just told them dvsa said immedieately , so all sorted
Then 1/2 hr later got phone call saying manager has said until he sees the actual lisense or a letter from dvsa stating I had now a lisense i canot drive .
So I’ve accepted being on unpaid leave from 26/3/18 until today , but now I’ve a lisense and can drive I think I should be paid , I also lost my rag a bit and said well ■■■■ you then I drive somebody else’s lorry ( agency ) to be told if I did that I’d be breaking my t&c,s :unamused:
I think I’ve been reasonable over this , it’s not my fault it’s taken this time to get lisense back , it was sent in good time , ive spent hours chasing it up , Ive accepted no pay for 2 weeks , but now I think this is a ■■■■ take ,
So how do you stand , can they leave you on unpaid leave until lisense arrives , I know what t&s say but surely that doesn’t apply when there not paying you , saying you can drive there truck , surely you can drive somebody else’s truck and earn a crust :exclamation: :exclamation:
Nb I think this is all over lisense having to go to t/c office , but like I said to them if you’d of acted on the bloody phone calls / texts 2 yrs ago and as as the bloody judge said fulfilled your duty of care to me i wouldn’t of ended up before a bloody court , caution from t/c and now my lisense sent to the t/c office :smiling_imp:
Anyway I’m leaving , same bloody idiots / ■■■■

I thought you wanted to be home Friday nights… you are. Go to your local post office with proof of identity and see if you can pick up the letter 1st thing Monday.

cav551:
Go to your local post office with proof of identity and see if you can pick up the letter 1st thing Monday.

Yes he could always show them his driving licence… Oh wait… :laughing:

Can’t you look it up on the DVLA website? gov.uk/view-driving-licence
Let your company see it, or give them a share code they can check themselves?

Crossroads:
Can’t you look it up on the DVLA website? gov.uk/view-driving-licence
Let your company see it, or give them a share code they can check themselves?

I’ve suggested this , but they insist they either need to see the lisense or a letter from the dvsa :unamused: