Going over 4.5 hour drive time

Went over my 4.5 hour drive time yesterday by 5 minutes to get to the yard, and finish my shift. What is a plausable excuse to put on the printout? Has anyone on here been stopped with infringements, since the new rules have come out?

Trucker2468:
Went over my 4.5 hour drive time yesterday by 5 minutes to get to the yard, and finish my shift. What is a plausable excuse to put on the printout? Has anyone on here been stopped with infringements, since the new rules have come out?

Just put - 5 mins over drive time to make base - nothing will happen as that is deemed common sense

Trucker2468:

According to the DVSA sanctions policy if you exceed the 4.5 hours driving time by less than 15 minutes and it’s an isolated case you will get no more than a verbal warning, you will get an infringement notice from your company but it shouldn’t be anything to worry about.

Thanks for the info