Tachograph printouts

Am I allowed to do a daily printout from the tachograph?

I’d like a printout , firstly to help me do my daily paper work but also to keep for my own records.

The training manager seemed to think VOSA might not be happy with me doing this?

Any advice■■?

There is nothing to stop you doing a printout after every shift, but once you have a print out it is deemed a legal document & needs to be treated as such

You boss might not like it as your costing him money on lots of tacho rolls

TheNewBoy:
There is nothing to stop you doing a printout after every shift, but once you have a print out it is deemed a legal document & needs to be treated as such

You boss might not like it as your costing him money on lots of tacho rolls

No, the only printouts that have any special status are those which are required to be made (and kept/handed in) due to manual entries etc. Those which are produced for the driver’s own convenience or to make filling in time sheets etc easier are simply pieces of paper which may be disposed of, kept, given away at the whim of the driver.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I do one at the end of every day, and keep it with my diary showing where I have been etc, I also keep my cab stocked with Tacho rolls, for the cost of them its not worth pestering the boss for them, and I can print out whenever I like and no questions asked.

Awesome, thanks guys!
I shall carry on doing a printout at the end of my shift :smiley:

to save money and just for my records i bought thermal till rolls from staple works well tacho rolls for vosa as they are printed on the back

pigpen:
to save money and just for my records i bought thermal till rolls from staple works well tacho rolls for vosa as they are printed on the back

Thermal paper is not ideal for record keeping purposes as it tends to fade over time.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thermal paper is not ideal for record keeping purposes as it tends to fade over time
just print it out and add imfo to diary

If it works It’s OK to use cheap thermal printing paper for your own records but it’s no good for legally required printouts, your company have to keep any legally required printouts for 12 months, 24 months if the tachograph records are being used to track your working time.

As has been said cheap printing paper won’t stand the test of time.

Sent from my mobile.

pigpen:
Thermal paper is not ideal for record keeping purposes as it tends to fade over time
just print it out and add imfo to diary

You do know that you can see the information on the head unit without printing anything at all…?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk