Company has stopped downloading my card?

Hi all,

I wont go into too much detail but I work for a truck hire company. Long story short we only have to use a card if carrying a load or passenger other than this we use log books. Anyway more to my point suddenly they are now saying they dont have the equipment to download. Not sure if this is a temp thing , only our site thing or permanent. My card is asking for a download on top of this I have a driving assessment for a new job next Thursday and will need to use the card.
My main questions are:
Would I be in the ■■■■ from vosa/dvla if pulled?
Can I still go for my assessment if ive still not sorted this mess out?

Your only responsibility is to make your driver card available for download, if the company choose not to download the card data it’s them that’s breaking the law not you.

biker10:
Would I be in the [zb] from vosa/dvla if pulled?

No it’s not your problem.

biker10:
Can I still go for my assessment if ive still not sorted this mess out?

Yes of course you can, as far as I’m aware it’s not your card that prompting you to get the card downloaded it’s the VU, unless things have changed significantly when the card is downloaded is not information that’s stored on your driver card it’s stored in the VU on some tachographs.

Good luck with the driver assessment :smiley:

Thank you very much for your clear response, much appreciated. Hopefully next week will see a start to a better job.

You can always download it yourself if you wanted. There is software and card readers out there

Saratoga:
You can always download it yourself if you wanted. There is software and card readers out there

That still won’t negate his companies legal obligation to download the driver card data though, so why bother.

The company I work for doing occasional driving for hasn’t got equipment to download card details , mines up for renewal very soon I ain’t got money to spend on buying the equipment myself .plus looking for full time work in Central Scotland area hgv c e anything bar store work.