WTD and Fixed Week Question

Hi All

I am hoping someone can answer this question.

My Employer runs Reference Periods 17, 17, 18.
Fixed Week 00:00 Mon - 24:00 Sun
My shift pattern is Thurs-Mon starting at 16:00 and lasts between 10-14 hrs.
If I take a weeks holiday I need to add 48hrs for WTD.
As my shift pattern crosses 2 fixed weeks I can simply add 8 hrs per day which would be 40hrs. But where do I add the additional 8 hrs? Do I add it to the first or second fixed week?

Thanks.

Fixed week is just that = sunday midnight to sunday midnight

You count the count the hours worked between those times

Whether a shift or a series of shifts crosses two fixed weeks has no bearing

Not the responsibility of the driver to sort all this out - that is for the employers HR dept
Driver is responsible for giving employer the records of hours worked

BTW - still not come across any company or individual who has been taken to task by the authorities in the last 10 years over WTD

Thanks for that. I know it’s the Employers responsibility to sort it out I’m just the sort of person who likes to know these things.

Charmleyjetson:
I am hoping someone can answer this question.

My Employer runs Reference Periods 17, 17, 18.
Fixed Week 00:00 Mon - 24:00 Sun
My shift pattern is Thurs-Mon starting at 16:00 and lasts between 10-14 hrs.
If I take a weeks holiday I need to add 48hrs for WTD.
As my shift pattern crosses 2 fixed weeks I can simply add 8 hrs per day which would be 40hrs. But where do I add the additional 8 hrs? Do I add it to the first or second fixed week?

There is no additions 8 hours to add :wink:

For the RT(WT)R 2005 a full weeks leave counts as 48 hours working time but that’s a week that starts and ends at 00:00 Monday, a seven day leave period that crosses two weeks is calculated at 8 hours per days leave.
As your working week is Thursday to Monday you can calculate 40 hours for a working weeks leave.

You may have an agreement with your employer that the a weeks leave crossing two fixed weeks will be calculated at 48 hours but it’s not in the working time regulations.