Rescue after 15 hours working?

Please can I have confirmation on the rules regarding recovery by my employer after I have completed 15 hours work…my understanding is that I must take my daily rest of 9 or 11 hours…and can’t be rescued by my employer and driven back to my depot?
Cheers Guy’s

Alfie5:
Please can I have confirmation on the rules regarding recovery by my employer after I have completed 15 hours work…my understanding is that I must take my daily rest of 9 or 11 hours…and can’t be rescued by my employer and driven back to my depot?
Cheers Guy’s

Correct .

You only have a 9 hrs rest because 15hrs shift in a 24 hr period means you only got 9 hrs left. Even if you do 11 hrs it will only count as 9 > so reduced rest.

I always follow this rule to stay on top things:

If worked more than 13 hrs (13:01 hrs for example) I can only have a reduced rest because within in the 24 hour period I can’t have my full 11hrs rest, so I have to take a reduced daily rest (because in this 24 hrs only 10:59hrs would coun’t towards my daily rest).
I hope everyone understands it.

Anyway there r companies out there which won’t rescue the driver after 15 hrs because legally it’s not allowed. I also companies which don’t have soo much “red tape” and these rescue and pay their drivers till they back at the depot.

Tipperdipper1:
Anyway there r companies out there which won’t rescue the driver after 15 hrs because legally it’s not allowed. I also companies which don’t have soo much “red tape” and these rescue and pay their drivers till they back at the depot.

Red tape? you make it sound like the DHR are a minor inconvenience rather than a prosecutable offence if not followed correctly, I don’t give a flying [zb] what the companies outlook is, if it’s not legal it’s not legal.

The driver should not let himself get bullied into the position of being stranded out of hours, he had 15 hrs to get back to the yard, it’s totally irrelevant whether the load got delivered or collected within that time frame, he knows he’s a day driver without night out gear and the company should know he’s a day driver without night out gear, either they allow him to divert back to base or do a changeover with enough time to still get back to base in a 15 or they pay for that driver to spend the night in a travelodge, no ifs nor buts and certainly not dependent on how much “red tape” the company are prepared to circumvent!

I don’t give a … either what the companies outlook is. I just said there 2 types of hauliers.

why get rescued in the 1st place.you should have enough foresight and gumption to take a sleeping bag even if your normally home at night.
why should your employer ever have to come and get you whether they are “legally” allowed to or not.

dieseldog999:
why get rescued in the 1st place.you should have enough foresight and gumption to take a sleeping bag even if your normally home at night.
why should your employer ever have to come and get you whether they are “legally” allowed to or not.

Agreed, better planning and communication on both the driver and offices part should have avoided the need for using a sleeping bag in the first place, but having said that of course there are unforeseen circumstances as in breakdowns or motorway closures with you stuck for hours which no amount of planning could have avoided, in those cases a sleeping bag in the bottom of your bag is an obvious and essential part of your day kit.

And back to the OP’s question
Like I said your correct once your duty time is up it’s curtains round for 9hrs or 11 hrs up to you

Thanks Guy’s…I appreciate your input…but it is still very awkward when this is an accepted practice and I feel compromised by those colleagues who are ok with this practice and are happy for the overtime which is manually doctored by the management.
I will continue to stand firm.

Alfie5:
Thanks Guy’s…I appreciate your input…but it is still very awkward when this is an accepted practice and I feel compromised by those colleagues who are ok with this practice and are happy for the overtime which is manually doctored by the management.
I will continue to stand firm.

Don’t continue to stand firm continue to search for a new job .