WTD Working Time Directive

This is a question about Working Time Directive (WTD) The maximum working hours in one week is 60 hours. Just say i work 59 hours over 6 days and take 6 x 45 minutes break = 270 minutes which is 4.5 hours, can i take the 4.5 hours break off the 59 hours which means i work 54.5 HOURS in one week ? Thankyou.

It’s 60 hours working time per week, breaks and POA don’t count towards working time, so yes you can deduct the breaks from the 60 hours working time.

I don’t know why you’ve posted this in the owners forum, I’ll move it to the Safety Law and Working Time Forum.

Posted in wrong forum 1st go :blush: . Thanks for the reply :grimacing:

As Tachograph has said .

Hi can anyone give me some advice ? The other week I was on a night out with a agency company. I drove for 4.5 hours then had a 45 minute break then I drove for another 4.5 hours then had another 45 minute break. I then drove another hour which I thought I could do with extending to 10 hours twice weekly. I then pulled up for the night. To which I thought I could do a reduced rest of 9 hours then I started my journey back to depot. I drove yesterday for another company and they downloaded my taco and it said I had 2 infringements on it for not enough rest and not having correct breaks I don’t understand what I’ve done wrong. Any advice would be really appreciated. Cheers nakka01.

Nakka01:
Hi can anyone give me some advice ? The other week I was on a night out with a agency company. I drove for 4.5 hours then had a 45 minute break then I drove for another 4.5 hours then had another 45 minute break. I then drove another hour which I thought I could do with extending to 10 hours twice weekly. I then pulled up for the night. To which I thought I could do a reduced rest of 9 hours then I started my journey back to depot. I drove yesterday for another company and they downloaded my taco and it said I had 2 infringements on it for not enough rest and not having correct breaks I don’t understand what I’ve done wrong. Any advice would be really appreciated. Cheers nakka01.

How many reduced daily rests was there before this one since your last weekly rest :question:
What time did the shift above start and finish :question:

ROG:

Nakka01:

How many reduced daily rests was there before this one since your last weekly rest :question:

hi rog non its the first time I’ve done a reduced rest and its the first time I’ve extended my driving to 10 hours which I thought was correct as long as I did my 2 45 minute breaks before driving the extra hour. I stated driving at 6 am and pulled and finished at 7 pm that includes other work I.e tipping. Plus do the infringements come off the taco after a certain period of time ? Thanx for your time nakka01.

Nakka01:

ROG:

Nakka01:

hi rog non its the first time I’ve done a reduced rest and its the first time I’ve extended my driving to 10 hours which I thought was correct as long as I did my 2 45 minute breaks before driving the extra hour. I stated driving at 6 am and pulled and finished at 7 pm that includes other work I.e tipping. Plus do the infringements come off the taco after a certain period of time ? Thanx for your time nakka01.

It doesn’t look like you’ve done anything wrong according to what you’ve told us but there must be something somewhere you need to dig deeper, information stays on your card till it’s eventually overwritten which could be as long as a year but generally after 28 days you’ll be in the clear.

I cannot figure out what the infringement is for from the info given :confused: :confused: