Weekly Rest

I’m trying to get my head round weekly rests and have read all the blurb but none the wiser so hopefully someone out there can help!

I understand that you’ve got to have 45 hours rest after 6 consecutive shifts which can be shortened to 24 hours however…

I’ve recently driven for 3 days (Mon-Wed) and had 3 days off (Thurs-Sat) and then had a driving assessment on Sunday for a new job.

It looks like this assessment has bumped on my weekly rest time to 24hrs after I finished the assessment namely Monday 12.30.

My question is, if I finish work this Friday, have the required 45 hours off, will my Monday weekly rest requirement be cancelled?

Could be more specific with exact times…

Thanks

sck04560:
I’m trying to get my head round weekly rests and have read all the blurb but none the wiser so hopefully someone out there can help!

I understand that you’ve got to have 45 hours rest after 6 consecutive shifts which can be shortened to 24 hours however…

I’ve recently driven for 3 days (Mon-Wed) and had 3 days off (Thurs-Sat) and then had a driving assessment on Sunday for a new job.

It looks like this assessment has bumped on my weekly rest time to 24hrs after I finished the assessment namely Monday 12.30.

My question is, if I finish work this Friday, have the required 45 hours off, will my Monday weekly rest requirement be cancelled?

Could be more specific with exact times…

Thanks

For the week where you had the 3 days off = regular weekly rest
This week you can have a reduced weekly rest if you like
From the time you started the sunday assessment to the time you start the next weekly rest must be no more than 144 hours

Just to clarify my answer - what was the assessment start and finish times :question: and what time did you start your next shift after that :question:

I started my assessment Sunday 10.05 and finished 11.32 then started my next shift on Monday at 12.30.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sck04560:
I started my assessment Sunday 10.05 and finished 11.32 then started my next shift on Monday at 12.30.

OUCH - 2 mins from an extra 24 hours weekly rest = never mind because as long as you start the next weekly rest (can be reduced) by saturday 10.05 then all is ok :smiley:

I know. How rubbish. Thanks for the info really appreciate it. Means I can work Monday now.

ROG:

sck04560:

OUCH - 2 mins from an extra 24 hours weekly rest = never mind because as long as you start the next weekly rest (can be reduced) by saturday 10.05 then all is ok :smiley:

11:32 Sunday to 12:30 Monday is 24 hours 58 minutes which equates to a reduced weekly rest period, he needs to start a new weekly rest period no later 12:30 on Sunday.

tachograph:

ROG:

sck04560:

11:32 Sunday to 12:30 Monday is 24 hours 58 minutes which equates to a reduced weekly rest period, he needs to start a new weekly rest period no later 12:30 on Sunday.

SILLY ME :unamused: = need to go back to school and learn how to do math :laughing:

I know. Got a maths a level as well