9 hour reduced rest

Hi, I have a question that I’m not 100% sure on…

Today I started at 13:00 and I’m not likely to finish until 23:00. But I’m due to start again tomorrow at 8am. My question is can I do this by just taking a reduced 9 hour rest? Is there anything else I need too watch out for?

Tia

WEIR_SJ:
Hi, I have a question that I’m not 100% sure on…

Today I started at 13:00 and I’m not likely to finish until 23:00. But I’m due to start again tomorrow at 8am. My question is can I do this by just taking a reduced 9 hour rest? Is there anything else I need too watch out for?

Tia

YES you can do that PROVIDING that you have not done 3 reduced daily rests since your last weekly rest

WEIR_SJ:

Yes you can legally do that as long as you’ve got a reduced daily rest period available.

You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods, so as long as you haven’t had more than 2 reduced daily rest periods since your last weekly rest period ended you’re OK to have another one tonight.

The only other thing you need to look out for is that you’ve had enough rest to be able to drive safely tomorrow.

Hi

Thanks for the replies, I thought that wa the case but just wanted clarification.

Thanks again

As another possibility, if you had a 3 hour Rest period earlier in the spread you could claim a Split Daily Rest which would not count as a reduction.