Splitting your second 45 min break

As per title, if running on a 10 hour driving shift, are you allowed to split the second break 15 min and 30 min■■?

Reason i ask is that i have done it for as long, never recieved an infringement for it.

One of the guys i was talking to at work says you aint allowed to do it, (ok on the first 45 min but not on the 2nd 45 min)

Can anyone clarify if its legal or not

Cheers.

You can split any 45 minute driving break, it doesn’t matter if it’s the first second third or whatever.

Or to put it another way, the bloke you was talking to was talking rubbish and should be ignored :wink:

Was his name billy bull ?

tachograph:
You can split any 45 minute driving break, it doesn’t matter if it’s the first second third or whatever.

Or to put it another way, the bloke you was talking to was talking rubbish and should be ignored :wink:

That was my exact understanding and thoughts, although i did then start to doubt myself,

Splitting a 45 minute break, whether first or second break, follow the same rules… ie, a 15 minute break followed by a 30 minute break. Take them in the wrong order, and you’ll end up needing to take another 30 minute to cover.