Is this legal?

tachograph:

Clyde34:

tachograph:
I’m assuming this question is just about weekly rest periods and compensation.

If the rest periods on Friday Saturday and Sunday are long enough to have a 45 hour weekly rest period plus pay back the compensation for the reduced weekly rest period it should be legal to do on a regular basis.

There’s not really enough information to say whether or not that’s the case but I’m guessing it probably is.

Yes basically looking to clarify that if i repay the weekly reduced rest it becomes instantly available to my disposal again or not? If that makes sense? The Thursday night shift of the 3 day rest i will finish before 6am Friday morning and will begin work on the Monday after 4pm.
Am i right in believing that on the 3 day rest i take if i take 45hrs plus a extra 21hrs i will have repaid my reduction and be able to use it again the next weekend?

This stuff blows my head, i’ve gone from working religious Monday to Friday, to mixing it up abit to try and get more family time.
Thanks for the replies guys!

When you have an 82 hour rest period it will count as a weekly rest period for that week plus the compensation for the previous reduced weekly rest period, so you could continue with that working pattern for as long as you want.

Compensation for reduced weekly rest periods has to be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced rest period was taken, so it’s not really a case of making the reduced weekly rest period available again because you can have more than one reduced weekly rest period before paying back compensation.

So in short, yes that is legal :smiley:

Thats great! Thank you for your help its much appreciated!