Out of Scope advice please

Hi

Just had a scenario where I drove a transit van to Cornwall and returned in a 7.5t. Same day.

It was the first time I had this scenario.

0700: Arrived for work
0730: Checked vehicle
0745: Drove transit van to Cornwall with a couple of ■■■ breaks and fuel stop. No more than 15 mins
1159: Arrived at destination
1159- 1241 Waiting for 7.5t vehicle to be offloaded so I could drive it back empty
1241: Drove back on tacho ( tacho used )
Break: 1600 ( 45 )
Arrival home 1840
Discovered not enough paper in tacho to print and office closed. ( Agency driver ) so posted keys and went home. ( Carry spare rolls noted next time )

What did I fail to do? I was told later by next company I drove for that I had not shaded in the rear of the print out to show the non tacho vehicle reg and driving etc. I have now done this on a re-print from next driving job. Is that now ok or have I infringed?

Thanks

When you put your card in the 7.5t vehicle the journey in the Transit van should have been manually entered into the tachograph as other work.

You could get away with writing it on a printout but the best and legal way would be to do a manual entry.

As far as what you was told is concerned, I wouldn’t wast my time shading squares just write the times and activities down put your name on it and sign it.

By the way, not having enough printing paper is an offence you could get a fixed penalty for, you’re supposed to check that you have printing paper as part of the vehicle check :wink:

Too late to do much about it now, but I would have used the manual entry on the 7.5T digital tacho to input Other Work from 0700 until 1159, and Break from 1200 until card inserted.

You can still do two handwritten entries on the back of a blank length of printer roll - one to keep with you, the other to hand in.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk