Hi everyone, new on here and sorry to start with a question

I have just gone back tramping after over 10 years away.
I’ve been driving inthe meantime but only local and drivers hours have not been an issue.
My new employer has stated to me that I can only do 2 reduced rests onthe bounce.
I did three reduced at the beginning of this week. 9 hr rest.
He stated thats not allowed. I can only do 2 and the 3rd has to be an 11hr meaning a 13hr working day.
I’ve looked everywhere for hours and can’t find anywhere that confirms this…
I think he’s wrong, but I’m very rusty…

Thanks.

trevorking1964:
I have just gone back tramping after over 10 years away.
I’ve been driving inthe meantime but only local and drivers hours have not been an issue.
My new employer has stated to me that I can only do 2 reduced rests onthe bounce.
I did three reduced at the beginning of this week. 9 hr rest.
He stated thats not allowed. I can only do 2 and the 3rd has to be an 11hr meaning a 13hr working day.
I’ve looked everywhere for hours and can’t find anywhere that confirms this…
I think he’s wrong, but I’m very rusty…

Welcome to Trucknet-UK :smiley:

Your new employer is completely wrong, you can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between two weekly rest periods, in other words 3 reduced daily rest periods in a working week.

Legally you can have all three reduced daily rest periods in succession if you want, I’m not saying you should just that legally you can :slight_smile:

I suppose the company could have some strange company rule on the subject but it’s certainly not illegal to have 3 reduced daily rest periods in succession.

the oracle has once again spoken absolutely correctly,so end of topic.move along,nothing more to see here.however,by the time youve made a cuppa and a sandwich,there might be a good debate amongst those who would never ever have 3 reduced rests in a week as it would make them too exhausted to carry on the next day…its saturday night,surely someones wanting a good debate? :slight_smile:

Well that’s what I thought.
Thank you for that. I do have my doubts as having already done my 3 allowed reduced rest periods, he insisted on Friday I still had a 15hr working day to play with.
Luckily I only needed 13hr day to get back to base.
Interesting times ahead.
Thanks again guys.

trevorking1964:
Well that’s what I thought.
Thank you for that. I do have my doubts as having already done my 3 allowed reduced rest periods, he insisted on Friday I still had a 15hr working day to play with.
Luckily I only needed 13hr day to get back to base.
Interesting times ahead.
Thanks again guys.

It may be he’s truck but it’s your licence ! So if you had to run in you had to run tough