Left my digi card in

Hi all

Looking for some advice please, I did 3 hours driving today from around 2pm-5pm and then came home.

Unfortunately I have left my card in the unit and I’m due to be in tomorrow at 7 to do full days driving.

What would I need to do now please?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Neeko1988:
Hi all

Looking for some advice please, I did 3 hours driving today from around 2pm-5pm and then came home.

Unfortunately I have left my card in the unit and I’m due to be in tomorrow at 7 to do full days driving.

What would I need to do now please?

Assuming that you’re driving the same vehicle tomorrow, when you get to work do 2 printouts and write the explanation on them then sign them.

Hand one of the printouts in the next time your card is downloaded and keep the other with you for at-least 28 days in case you get stopped at a road side check.

If you can try to have the tachograph on break for 45 minutes before you start work, that will stop the tachograph flashing a warning that you need a break.

Thank you for reply.

So if I do a couple of print outs in the morning and write on the back and then put it on break.

I can then do a 4.5 break 4.5 hour without the alarm going mad?

Thanks again

Chris

Neeko1988:
Thank you for reply.

So if I do a couple of print outs in the morning and write on the back and then put it on break.

I can then do a 4.5 break 4.5 hour without the alarm going mad?

Thanks again

Chris

I should have made it clear that I’m assuming you left the tachograph on other work otherwise it wouldn’t be a problem.

If you can manage to leave the tachograph on break for 45 minutes you should then be able to drive without the tachograph flashing a warning at you about needing a break.

I’m not familiar with the latest tachographs so if yours is a newish one you could get a warning about not enough daily rest, but I don’t think so.

Yeah other work.

Thanks for your help

Chris