Caught using a mobile

Ive been caught answering my phone on a 30mph road just as i was pulling into the petrol station by an unmarked police car, no previous points or offences in car or lorry, anybody have any idea of points/fine i have got coming my way?? My own fault for answering when i could have held on another 20 seconds and been stationary so obviously disappointed but now worrying with the new laws in place anybody had this happen??

Cheers

If you was in a car and it doesn’t go to court the maximum fine is £200 and 6 penalty points.

If it goes to court the maximum fine for a car driver is £1000 and the maximum fine for a HGV driver is £2,500.

I know some people will disagree, but I think it’s just another con to divert peoples attention away from what a crap job the police are doing when it comes to crime or anti-social behaviour, why chase criminals or hooligans when motoring offenders will come to you :unamused:

gov.uk/using-mobile-phones- … ng-the-law

Upto £2500 fine

Thanks for the replys, i asked the copper what to expect and he said 6pts and a 200pound fine so hopefully thats it and nothing more severe.