Getting the return of the Hgv licence

Hi peeps.

Well i am currently banned for drink driving. Just wondering what I will have to do or what the procese for getting your hgv licence back.

thanks

You will almost certainly be called before the TC to do a bit of forelock tugging and explain whey you should get your HGV entitlement back.

Assuming you don’t have a lot of offences against your name you will get HGV entitlement back though :wink:

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately for me, this is the 2nd time ive been banned… extremely stupid i know… first time being 7 years ago (before i had gained my hgv).

How do you think my chances are of getting my hgv back this time.

More than any one employing you with DD code on your license

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A DD endorsement stays on your licence for 11 years, so assuming you’re not banned for the next 5 years you’re going to have 2 DD endorsements on your licence when you get it back.

I think you’ll need a lot of luck to find an employer willing to give you a HGV driving job, the agencies won’t want to know, so i would have thought that finding work will probably be harder than convincing the TC to let you keep your HGV entitlement.

tachograph:
A DD endorsement stays on your licence for 11 years, so assuming you’re not banned for the next 5 years you’re going to have 2 DD endorsements on your licence when you get it back.

I think you’ll need a lot of luck to find an employer willing to give you a HGV driving job, the agencies won’t want to know, so i would have thought that finding work will probably be harder than convincing the TC to let you keep your HGV entitlement.

Well as it does happen, I was and would be going back to work for my father in law.

richcfc1:
Well as it does happen, I was and would be going back to work for my father in law.

In that case I’d say you’ve got a decent chance.

I think other people on this board have got their HGV entitlement back with 2 DD endorsements on their licence, I imagine it’s just a case of convincing the TC that you’re now a reformed character and there’s no chance of it happening again.

Good luck, and when the time comes let us know how you get on :wink:

one of the lads i know has just said that ill have to do a retest to get my hgv back, is this correct?

richcfc1:
one of the lads i know has just said that ill have to do a retest to get my hgv back, is this correct?

The TC has the power to do that if they think it is necessary

To get the B and BE back it can be that the court orders an extensive retest - did they order that :question:

no, they just said i would have to apply for my licence, which means i will have to have a medical

richcfc1:

I could be wrong but I don’t think you’ll have to take another HGV test, though it does depend on the TCs attitude when you come to apply for your HGV.

richcfc1:
no, they just said i would have to apply for my licence, which means i will have to have a medical

A medical - why?

ROG:

richcfc1:

A medical - why?

Because im classed as a high risk offender with it being twice within 10 years… so even if i didn’t have a hgv licence then id have to have a medical for my car one

richcfc1:

ROG:

richcfc1:

A medical - why?

Because im classed as a high risk offender with it being twice within 10 years… so even if i didn’t have a hgv licence then id have to have a medical for my car one

Thanks - never come across that before