Weekly Rest

I have recently started work for a new company and need bit of advice over weekly rest periods.

The way they operate is after 6 days work you have a 45 hour weekly rest…next week you have a 36 …then a 45 … then a 36 …and this follows on each week.
My shift starts on a Friday through to the Wednesday with a Thursday off.

Is this legal !!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148303

seasideblues:
I have recently started work for a new company and need bit of advice over weekly rest periods.

The way they operate is after 6 days work you have a 45 hour weekly rest…next week you have a 36 …then a 45 … then a 36 …and this follows on each week.
My shift starts on a Friday through to the Wednesday with a Thursday off.

Is this legal !!

Whether that would be legal or not depends on whether or not you can pay back the compensation for the reduced weekly rest periods, every time you have a reduced weekly rest period of 36 hours you need to be able to pay back the 9 hours compensation by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

Compensation has to be paid back in one lump and can be paid back by adding it onto any rest period of at-least 9 hours, in other words it can be paid back by adding it onto any daily or weekly rest period.

You will also need to make sure that you can count a weekly rest period (reduced or regular weekly rest period) for each fixed week, so you would be wise to keep a record of your weekly rest periods.

Well last week i had a 45 then on Friday i finished at 19.00 hours but didn’t start again till 02.00 on the Sunday…it came be the norm over the weekend you can get 16 hours plus rest.

seasideblues:
Well last week i had a 45 then on Friday i finished at 19.00 hours but didn’t start again till 02.00 on the Sunday…it came be the norm over the weekend you can get 16 hours plus rest.

If that’s normal it would work as compensation for a previous reduced weekly rest period.