Is this legal ?

I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this, but would just like some confirmation.

A colleague has worked Monday to Friday and then for two hours Sunday
morning. Can he work for a couple of hours next Saturday night from 22:00 ?

Cheers,

Nick.

It’ll help if you could be more precise with times etc but assuming he always works Mon to Fri it appears he’s reducing his weekly rest 2 weeks consecutively which technically can be done but really more info would help.

As said - we need timings for each shift worked especially the monday to friday finish time + sunday start/finish times + monday start time and the friday finish time before the saturday shift then the monday start time

As has been said there’s not enough information to give a proper answer, however if in the 2 weeks that he works Sunday then Saturday he does not have a 45 hour weekly rest period, in other words he only has 2 consecutive reduced weekly rest periods I would advise to play safe and not work the Saturday.

It would need much more information to be able to give a definite answer so unless you can provide that information best play safe :wink:

Sorry for the lack of information.

He has basically worked 8 till 5 Monday to Friday, and then worked 6:00 till 8:00 on the sunday morning.
He has been asked if he can work from 20:00 till 22:00 on the Saturday.

He will work 8 till 5 again for this week Monday to Friday too.

Many thanks,

Nick.

helisellson:
Sorry for the lack of information.

He has basically worked 8 till 5 Monday to Friday, and then worked 6:00 till 8:00 on the sunday morning.
He has been asked if he can work from 20:00 till 22:00 on the Saturday.

He will work 8 till 5 again for this week Monday to Friday too.

Many thanks,

Nick.

Assuming that the weekend before that all started on the mon at 8am the driver had a full weekly rest which counted for the week ending …
The following weekend the driver had fri 5pm to sun 6am off as a reduced weekly rest of 37 hours leaving 8 to payback
That means the next weekend the driver must have a regular weekly rest BUT if the driver works 8pm to 10pm on the sat then that only leaves 5pm fri to 8pm sat and 10pm sun to 8am mon = neither of those is an unbroken 45 hours for a regular weekly rest

Of course it might still be possible IF the regular weekly rest for the week ending I mentioned at the beginning could count for the week starting but to do that we would need to know all previous weekly rests from the last time the driver had a few days off

Thanks Rog