Sunday Working

Hi Guys,

My colleague is coming back from a three week holiday on Wednesday ,and will be back at work on Thursday, he will work Thursday, Friday and then have Saturday off and work on Sunday. Does his working week start again on Sunday ?

I am guessing it is legal to compensate for the reduced weekly rest the following weekend ?

Many thanks,

Nick.

helisellson:
Hi Guys,

My colleague is coming back from a three week holiday on Wednesday ,and will be back at work on Thursday, he will work Thursday, Friday and then have Saturday off and work on Sunday. Does his working week start again on Sunday ?

I am guessing it is legal to compensate for the reduced weekly rest the following weekend ?

Many thanks,

Nick.

A working week starts after a regular or reduced weekly rest period so his working week with end when he finishes work on Friday, a new working week will start when he starts work on Sunday after a reduced weekly rest period.
However a fixed week always starts on Monday and ends on the following Sunday.

Weekly driving limits and the two extended driving shifts run on the fixed week not the working week.

As the last 45 hours of the holiday will count as a regular weekly rest period for the week he starts work he will not need to compensate for the reduced weekly rest period on Saturday.

FYI, compensation for a reduced weekly rest period should be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

Regular for the week he starts back so next week can be a reduced if he wants to

As always, a great help.

Thanks Tachograph. and Rog